Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder Treatment Overview
Find the right care and learn about different treatments.
Reviewed by Buoy's medical team
Learn how we choose treatments
First steps to consider
- Some mild physical symptoms can be treated at home.
- Try OTC medications like ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin) and certain supplements.
When you may need a provider
- For mental health symptoms, such as depression and anxiety
- Symptoms are moderate to severe
- If you have thoughts or plans of hurting yourself, call 911 or 988 (the Suicide and Crisis Lifeline).
The suppliers listed follow Buoy’s clinical guidelines, but listing the suppliers does not constitute a referral or recommendation by Buoy. When you click on the link and/or engage with these services Buoy will be compensated.
All treatments for premenstrual dysphoric disorder
Frequently asked questions