Rotator Cuff Tear Treatment Overview
First steps to consider
- You can often treat a rotator cuff tear at home with rest, ice, and ibuprofen.
- Gentle stretching and strengthening exercises can help with shoulder mobility.
When you may need a provider
- Your shoulder pain and weakness get worse.
- You have numbness or weakness in the arm, hand, or wrist.
- Your symptoms do not improve after 6–8 weeks of home treatment.
Go to the ER if you have any of these symptoms:
- Severe shoulder pain
- Sudden inability to move the shoulder or arm with numbness
- Pain, redness, fever, and severe pain in the shoulder
The suppliers listed follow Buoy’s clinical guidelines, but listing the suppliers does not constitute a referral or recommendation by Buoy. When you click on the link and/or engage with these services Buoy will be compensated.