Shoulder Arthritis Treatment Overview
First steps to consider
- Mild to moderate arthritis symptoms can be treated at home.
- Use ice and heat, take OTC pain relievers, and do gentle stretches to help with pain.
- Avoid activities that cause pain like lifting above waist level and reaching overhead.
When you may need a provider
- Pain is moderate to severe.
- Treating yourself is not helping the pain or your pain is interfering with activities or makes it difficult to sleep.
Go to the ER if you have any of the following symptoms:
- Severe pain and unable to move your shoulder
- Severe weakness or numbness in the arm
- Chest pain that radiates into the shoulder or arm
The suppliers listed follow Buoy’s clinical guidelines, but listing the suppliers does not constitute a referral or recommendation by Buoy. When you click on the link and/or engage with these services Buoy will be compensated.