Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome Treatment Overview
First steps to consider
- Tarsal tunnel symptoms—like pain, numbness, tingling, swelling, and weakness in the foot—can often be treated at home.
- Take OTC pain relievers and use ice to reduce swelling and inflammation.
- Wear an ankle brace or sleeve for support.
When you may need a provider
- Symptoms do not improve after 2–3 weeks of home treatment.
- You develop severe pain or weakness (foot drop).
Go to the ER if you have any of the following symptoms:
- Your foot becomes pale and cold.
- You have severe or sudden onset pain or weakness that makes you unable to walk or put weight on the leg.
The suppliers listed follow Buoy’s clinical guidelines, but listing the suppliers does not constitute a referral or recommendation by Buoy. When you click on the link and/or engage with these services Buoy will be compensated.