Viral Gastroenteritis Treatment Overview
First steps to consider
- Gastroenteritis (stomach bug) usually goes away on its own.
- Treat nausea, diarrhea, and other symptoms with OTC medications and drink fluids to stay hydrated.
When you may need a provider
- Symptoms have not improved in 3 days.
- You have a high fever (above 102F), bloody diarrhea or vomit, or you are pregnant.
Call 911 or go to the ER if you have any of the following symptoms:
- You can’t keep liquid down
- Have severe diarrhea with lightheadedness
The suppliers listed follow Buoy’s clinical guidelines, but listing the suppliers does not constitute a referral or recommendation by Buoy. When you click on the link and/or engage with these services Buoy will be compensated.