Wart Treatment Overview
First steps to consider
- Warts can usually be treated at home with various methods.
- Try softening the wart by soaking it in warm water for 10–15 minutes. Then use a pumice stone to gently file it down.
- Use OTC wart medication, like salicylic acid, or OTC freezing medication daily.
When you may need a provider
- You have several warts in one area or deep warts on the bottom of your feet (plantar warts).
- The wart has not gone away after 4 weeks of OTC treatments.
- You have genital warts.
- You are immunocompromised.
Go to the ER if you have any of the following symptoms:
- Spreading redness or pus drainage around the wart with fever
The suppliers listed follow Buoy’s clinical guidelines, but listing the suppliers does not constitute a referral or recommendation by Buoy. When you click on the link and/or engage with these services Buoy will be compensated.