2 Potential Shoulder Weakness Causes
Disclaimer: The article does not replace an evaluation by a physician. Information on this page is provided as an information resource only, and is not to be used or relied on for any diagnostic or treatment purposes.
1.Repetitive Strain Injury of the Shoulder ("Swimmer's Shoulder")
Repetitive strain injury of the shoulder is caused by consistent repetitive use.
Resolves with rest
- Top Symptoms:
- shoulder pain from overuse, shoulder weakness, shoulder numbness
- Symptoms that always occur with repetitive strain injury of the shoulder ("swimmer's shoulder"):
- shoulder pain from overuse
- Symptoms that never occur with repetitive strain injury of the shoulder ("swimmer's shoulder"):
- severe shoulder pain, shoulder injury
Shoulder Weakness Checker
Take a quiz to find out why you’re having shoulder weakness.Take a quiz
2.Limb - Girdle Muscular Dystrophy
Limb-girdle muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder that involves varying muscle weakness and wasting.
This genetic disorder is considered irreversible, but symptoms can be effectively managed with treatment
- Top Symptoms:
- muscle aches, weakness, arm weakness, leg weakness, shoulder weakness
- Symptoms that always occur with limb-girdle muscular dystrophy:
- Primary care doctor
Questions Your Doctor May Ask About Shoulder Weakness
- Q.How would you explain the cause of your shoulder pain?
- Q.About your [shoulder], do you notice any of the following?
- Q.Which of the following describes your physical fitness:
- Q.Can you fully move your shoulders around?
If you've answered yes to one or more of these questions, try our shoulder weakness symptom checker to find out more.Take a quiz
Shoulder Weakness Symptom Checker Statistics
People who have experienced shoulder weakness have also experienced:
- 17% Pain in One Shoulder
- 13% Upper Arm Weakness
- 9% Hand Weakness
People who have experienced shoulder weakness had symptoms persist for:
- 46% Over a Month
- 17% Less Than a Week
- 15% Less Than a Day
People who have experienced shoulder weakness were most often matched with:
- 8% Repetitive Strain Injury of the Shoulder ("Swimmer's Shoulder")
- 4% Limb - Girdle Muscular Dystrophy
Source: Aggregated and anonymized results from visits to the Buoy AI health assistant (check it out by clicking on “Take Quiz”).