A.I. Health Assistant Causes for White, Lacy Plaque on Tongue
Updated on Aug. 29, 2018
The list below shows results from the use of our A.I. Health Assistant by Buoy users who experienced white, lacy plaque on tongue. This list does not constitute medical advice.
1.Fungal Esophageal Infection (Candida Esophagitis)
Candida esophagitis (thrush) is a yeast infection of the mucus membrane lining the mouth and tongue. It can spread to the esophagus, the tube that connects the throat to the stomach. This can cause symptoms like pain when swallowing. Patients with a supressed immune system are more at risk.
Symptoms usually improve wtihin 3 days after the start of treatment and eventually resolve completely.
- Top Symptoms:
- nausea or vomiting, pain below the ribs, deep chest pain, behind the breast bone, moderate fever, pain with swallowing
- Primary care doctor
White, Lacy Plaque on Tongue Checker
Take a quiz to find out why you’re having white, lacy plaque on tongue.Take Quiz
Oral candidiasis in infants is a fungal infection of the mouth and tongue caused by a fungal species called Candida.
34 days without treatment
- Top Symptoms:
- white, lacy plaque on tongue, deep cracks at the corners of the mouth
Questions Your Doctor May Ask About White, Lacy Plaque on Tongue
- Q.Have you ever taken a course of antibiotics in your life?
- Q.Is your immune system deficient or suppressed by underlying disease or medication?
- Q.Have you ever been diagnosed with HIV or AIDS?
- Q.Do the corners of your mouth look like this?
If you've answered yes to one or more of these questions, try our white, lacy plaque on tongue symptom checker to find out more.Take Quiz
White, Lacy Plaque on Tongue Symptom Checker Statistics
People who have experienced white, lacy plaque on tongue have also experienced:
- 6% Sore Throat
- 2% Fatigue
- 2% Tongue Sore
People who have experienced white, lacy plaque on tongue were most often matched with:
- 75% Fungal Esophageal Infection (Candida Esophagitis)
- 25% Oral Thrush
Source: Aggregated and anonymized results from visits to the Buoy AI health assistant (check it out by clicking on “Take Quiz”).