Headache Treatment Overview
First steps to consider
- Most everyday headaches can be treated at home.
- Try OTC pain relievers, rest, and drinking fluids.
When you may need a provider
- Your headache doesn’t improve in about 3 days
- You have chronic headaches (more than about 10 days per month) or your headaches are severe.
Call 911 or go to the ER if you have any of the following symptoms:
- If your headache is the most painful that you’ve ever had
- If your headache is very severe and you also have a stiff neck, fever, confusion, changes in your vision, numbness, vomiting, or a recent head injury
The suppliers listed follow Buoy’s clinical guidelines, but listing the suppliers does not constitute a referral or recommendation by Buoy. When you click on the link and/or engage with these services Buoy will be compensated.