- Your Pain in the Outside of the Foot May Also be Known as:
- Aches and pains in my outside edge of foot
- Outside edge of foot ache
- Outside edge of foot discomfort
- Outside edge of foot hurts
- Outside edge of foot pain
- Outside edge of foot soreness
- Painful outside edge of foot
- Sore outside edge of foot
Top 2 Pain in the Outside of the Foot Causes
Morton neuroma is nerve damage between the 2nd and 3rd toes, often found in women who run or wear tight high heels.
You can try to make things better simply by changing your footwear like adopting orthotics, for example. Go to the doctor for further workup, however, if that doesn't work. There, your doctor will perform a physical exam and maybe take an MRI. Treatment for tougher cases include injections of corticosteroids. Surgery is a last resort but works well.
- Top Symptoms:
- foot numbness, pain in the sole of the foot, pain in both feet, pain when touching the foot, pain in the outside of the foot
Check my pain in the outside of the foot symptoms
Take a quiz to find out why you’re having pain in the outside of the foot symptomsCheck my symptoms
2.Jones Fracture (Broken Foot)
A Jones Fracture is a fracture of a bone on the outside of the foot (called the fifth metatarsal). A Jones fracture can be either a stress fracture (a tiny hairline break that develops with time), or a sudden break due to trauma. This can result in pain, swelling, and tenderness on the outside of the foot.
You should visit your primary care physician or an urgent care today. Until then, the RICE method of care should be performed: rest (stay off the injured foot), ice (apply an ice pack to injured area), compression (an elastic wrap to control swelling), and elevation (raising the foot slightly above the level of the heart to reduce swelling). A doctor may perform a X-ray and put a cast or splint on the foot.
- Top Symptoms:
- difficulty walking, constant foot pain, pain in one foot, foot bruise, foot injury
- Symptoms that always occur with jones fracture (broken foot):
- foot pain from an injury, pain when touching the foot, constant foot pain, pain in the front half of the foot, pain in the outside of the foot
- In-person visit
Questions Your Doctor May Ask About Pain in the Outside of the Foot
- Q.Is your foot pain getting better or worse?
- Q.How severe is your foot pain?
- Q.Have you ever been told you have flat feet?
- Q.Is the pain affecting:
If you've answered yes to one or more of these questions, check our pain in the outside of the foot symptom checker.Check my symptoms
Pain in the Outside of the Foot Symptom Checker Statistics
People who have experienced pain in the outside of the foot have also experienced:
- 14% Difficulty Walking
- 14% Swollen Foot
- 14% Bloody Vaginal Discharge
People who have experienced pain in the outside of the foot had symptoms persist for:
- 39% Over a Month
- 22% Less Than a Week
- 20% Less Than a Day
People who have experienced pain in the outside of the foot were most often matched with:
- 32% Morton Neuroma