2 Potential Lower Leg Numbness Causes
Disclaimer: The article does not replace an evaluation by a physician. Information on this page is provided as an information resource only, and is not to be used or relied on for any diagnostic or treatment purposes.
1.Repetitive Strain Injury of the Calf
Repetitive strain injury of the calf is caused by consistent repetitive use.
Duplicate: Resolves with rest
- Top Symptoms:
- lower leg numbness, calf pain from overuse
- Symptoms that always occur with repetitive strain injury of the calf:
- calf pain from overuse
- Symptoms that never occur with repetitive strain injury of the calf:
- recent calf injury, severe calf pain
Lower Leg Numbness Checker
Take a quiz to find out why you’re having lower leg numbness.Take a quiz
2.Fibular Stress Fracture
The fibula is the smaller shin bone which lies on the outer part of the lower leg. With excessive, repeated stress, a small fracture (called a stress fracture) can occur.
4-12 weeks with rest
- Top Symptoms:
- foot numbness, pain in the outside of the knee, lower leg numbness, shin pain, pain in one shin
- Symptoms that always occur with fibular stress fracture:
- pain in the outside of the shin, pain in one shin
- Symptoms that never occur with fibular stress fracture:
- pain in both feet, pain in one foot, pain in the inside of the shin, swelling in both shins
- Primary care doctor
Questions Your Doctor May Ask About Lower Leg Numbness
- Q.What is your body mass?
- Q.Do you have trouble sleeping?
- Q.Are your symptoms worse during the late afternoon or night?
- Q.Are you sleepy during the day?
If you've answered yes to one or more of these questions, try our lower leg numbness symptom checker to find out more.Take a quiz
Lower Leg Numbness Symptom Checker Statistics
People who have experienced lower leg numbness have also experienced:
- 8% Foot Numbness
- 5% Upper Leg Numbness
- 4% Tingling Lower Leg
People who have experienced lower leg numbness had symptoms persist for:
- 43% Less Than a Day
- 21% Less Than a Week
- 21% Over a Month
Source: Aggregated and anonymized results from visits to the Buoy AI health assistant (check it out by clicking on “Take Quiz”).